In exceptional cases, candidates who do not hold a level 8 degree or equivalent may be considered for entry onto the M.Sc. programme under the exceptional entry – recognition of prior learning route. Applications shall be accepted from individuals who have proven relevant experience but whose academic background is non-traditional.
Applicants wishing to be considered for exceptional entry are required to:
- Relevant work experience in Supply Chain Management or related discipline [ideally 5 years or more]
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant management experience.
- Complete the ‘Exceptional Entry Form’
- Provide two references – the first an academic reference attesting to the ability of the candidate to undertake the programme and the second an employment reference.
- Depending on the level of academic achievement held by the learner they may be required to write a critique on a published academic paper [portfolio assessment].
Where an academic reference cannot be obtained the Director of Academic Administration and Student Affairs shall arrange an academic interview to be held with the student. A report of the academic interview together with the completed Exceptional Entry Form shall be submitted to the Academic Council meeting for consideration.